Viscose Closures Ltd manufactures seals for bottles/food containers (decorative shrink labels, tamper evident seals and pilfer proof closures) at the factory in Swansea and sells to customers around the world.
A one-stop consultancy service is provided in designing sleeving solutions including art work and sample mock ups.
The Factory has been issued with an IPPC-EPR part A and B permit for its cellulose tubing extrusion plant and thermal oxidiser respectively and recognises its obligation to comply with all relevant environmental legislation and has regard for guidance notes made there under.
The main environmental impacts include high electrical and gas consumption and emissions to sewer and atmosphere.
In recognising these impacts, the Company, through its commitment to pollution prevention and demonstrating continual environmental improvement, will:
- Minimise, recover and recycle waste wherever possible.
- Minimise the amount of energy used through the prudent use of resources and through the implementation of energy saving devices such as high energy efficient motors and soft start units.
- Reduce the use of water consumption used for site processes.
- Ensure that emission monitoring is carried out using certified standards (MCertS) or nearest monitoring method practicable.
- Train and continually update all staff in environmental issues.
The Policy will be subject to annual review and will be communicated regularly to all staff and made available to all interested parties.
Approved by: Jackie Royall
Date Agreed: July 26th 2013